01/09/2026

⭐EGOUSIA Essence of I-Am-ness

 

 EGOUSIA 

A Philosophical Manifesto on the Essence of I-Am-ness

Deutsch unten

The Blind Spot of the Consciousness Debate

There is a word for consciousness.
There is a word for self-consciousness.
There is a word for I-consciousness, for self-reference, for subjectivity, for qualia, for phenomenality, for the first-person standpoint.

There is no word for what holds all these words together.

For more than forty years, the philosophy of mind has wrestled with the “Hard Problem of Consciousness” – and has not solved it, but at best formulated it more precisely. For more than a hundred years, phenomenology has wrestled with the structure of subjectivity – and has described it, but not grasped it in its ontological depth. For more than two thousand years, metaphysics has wrestled with the question of Being – and has treated the Being of the I at best marginally.

The consciousness debate has a blind spot. It has no word for the Essence of I-Am-ness.

Henceforth, let it be called:

Ἐγουσία – Egousia.


The Birth of a Concept

1.1 Etymological Foundation

The word Ἐγουσία (Egousia) is a deliberate neologism, forged from two of the oldest and deepest roots in the Indo-European language family:

Component
Ancient GreekMeaningἐγώ
egṓI – the speaking, experiencing, existing subjectοὐσία ousía Being, essence, substance, that which truly is

This fusion is not mere addition. Ἐγουσία does not mean “I + Being” – that would be an external linkage. It means: The Being of the I – or the I as Being – or the essentiality that appears in and through the I.

The grammar is clear: it is a feminine noun of the first declension (like οὐσία itself).


1.2 The Word and Its Siblings

To understand the uniqueness of Egousia, we must distinguish it from its relatives:

Term Meaning
DeficitSelf-consciousness
Knowledge of oneself Remains epistemic – says nothing about the Being of the self Self-referenceThe ability to point to one self Remains formal – says nothing about the Substance of the self Subjectivity, The first-person perspective Remains structural – says nothing about the Depth of the self Qualia Phenomenal experience-contentsRemain atomic – say nothing about the Unity of the self Ego (Freud)The psychological instance Remains functional – says nothing about the Ontological dimension Ātman (Indian) The eternal self Remains metaphysical – not tied to Experience Dasein (Heidegger)Being-in-the-world Remains existential – misses the I-structure

Egousia, by contrast, is:

Attribute, Description, Ontological concerns Being, not just knowledge Phenomenal concerns Experience, not just structure Personal concerns the “I”, not a general subject Unified gathers what has fallen apart


1.3 The Biblical Depth-Dimension

The Septuagint – the Greek translation of the Old Testament – renders God’s self-revelation in Exodus 3:14 as:

Ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν – I am the Being One.

Here, God reveals Himself not as one being among many, but as Being itself – as ipsum esse, as Thomas Aquinas would later phrase it.

Egousia is the logical inversion of this formula: Not Being that becomes I, but the I that, in its essence, appears as Being. Or more precisely: The unity of I and Being – which can be dissolved neither from the side of the I (Idealism) nor from the side of Being (Materialism).


Chapter Two: The Diagnosis – Why the Debate Is Stuck

2.1 The Three Dead Ends

The contemporary consciousness debate has been moving in three dead ends for decades:

Dead End 1: Reductionism vs. Dualism

Position Thesis
Problem Materialism
Consciousness is brain processes Cannot explain phenomenality – the first-person perspective disappears Dualism Consciousness is separate from brain processes Cannot explain causality – interaction remains mysterious Panpsychism Consciousness is everywhere Hypostatizes something that cannot be shown – is speculative

Egousia refuses to make this choice. It says: Consciousness is neither brain nor something else – it is the mode of Being of the I, which appears in both perspectives (first person, third person) without being reducible to either.


Dead End 2: The Hard Problem as a “Wall”

David Chalmers formulated the Hard Problem as: Why is there something it is like to be something (Nagel)? Why are there qualia, phenomenal experiences, that do not follow from functional descriptions?

Chalmers made the problem precise – but offered no solution. He turned it into a wall at which science fails.

Egousia says: The Hard Problem is not unsolvable – it is misposed. It asks:
“Why is there experience?” – but the question should be: “What is experience in its essence?” The answer is: It is the self-revelation of I-Am-ness.


Dead End 3: Empirical Overload

Neuroscience measures correlates of consciousness (NCCs) – but it does not measure consciousness itself. It describes the third person – but consciousness is first person.

Egousia respects empirical research, but refuses to reduce consciousness to measurable correlates. It says: NCCs are indicators – but the essence is not measurable, but experienceable.


2.2 The Missing Ontological Category

Modern philosophy has strangely neglected the ontological dimension of the I. Since Kant, the I has been understood mostly as a transcendental condition – but not as real Being. Since Freud, the I has been understood as a psychological instance – but not as an ontological magnitude. Since analytic philosophy, the I has been understood mostly as an indexical or linguistic function – but not as a mode of Being.

Egousia introduces a category that has been missing since Aristotle’s Categories: the ontological category of I-hood.


2.3 The Gap in the History of Concepts

The history of philosophy knows concepts for:

ConceptGreekMeaningDeficitEssenceοὐσία (ousia)Being, substance Without
I-relation Substance ὑπόστασις (hypostasis) Ground, underlying reality Without subjectivity Actualityἐνέργεια (energeia)Activity, reality Without self-relation Consciousnessσυνείδησις (syneidēsis)Co-knowing, conscience Without ontological depthSelf-consciousness αὐτοσυνειδησία (autosyneidēsia)Self-knowledgeWithout essential dimension

What is missing is the concept that connects συνείδησις (consciousness) with οὐσία (Being) and ἐγώ (I). This is precisely the gap filled by Ἐγουσία.


Chapter Three: The Structure of Egousia

3.1 The Three Dimensions

Egousia has three inseparable dimensions:

DimensionDescriptionQuestion1. Phenomenality Experience itself – colors, sounds, feelings, thoughts What do I experience?
Reflexivity
Self-experiencing – the I knows that it experiences Who experiences? Onticity Being – the I is really, not just as function That it is

Dimension 1: Phenomenality (Experience)

Everyone who is conscious experiences. Experiences colors, sounds, feelings, thoughts, bodily sensations. These experiences are irreducibly subjective – they are accessible only in the first person.

Egousia says: This phenomenality is not accidental – it is essential to the I. The I is its experience – not as a property, but as a mode of Being.

Dimension 2: Reflexivity (Self-Experience)

Consciousness is not just experience – it is self-experiencing experience. The I knows of itself that it experiences. It has a self-structure that distinguishes it from a mere flow of experiences.

Egousia says: This reflexivity is not additional to phenomenality – it is identical with it in its ontological depth. The I is what is present to itself in experience.

Dimension 3: Onticity (Being)

The I is not just experiencing and self-referential – it is. It has a mode of Being that distinguishes it from mere processes or functions. It is real – not merely appearing.

Egousia says: This Being is not behind experience – it is experience in its essential depth. The I is its experience – not as a substance, but as existential reality.


3.2 The Unity of the Dimensions

The three dimensions are not additive – they are identical in their difference:

Dimension
Question Egousia Response
Phenomenality What do I experience? Experience is the I in its mode of Being Reflexivity Who experiences? The I is its experience in the mode of self-knowingOnticityThat it is? The I is real – not as a thing, but as an event of Being

Egousia is therefore neither:

  • a substance concept (like Descartes’ res cogitans)

  • a function concept (like Dennett’s narrative self)

  • an experience concept (like Husserl’s stream of consciousness)

  • an existential concept (like Heidegger’s Dasein)

But rather: the unity of experiencing, self-knowing, and Being in the structure of “I”.


3.3 Egousia and Temporality

An essential dimension of Egousia is its temporality. The I is not punctual – it endures. It has a past (memory), a present (experience), a future (expectation).

Egousia says: This temporality is not a property of the I – it is constitutive of the essence of the I. The I is its time – not as a sequence, but as a unity of temporal dimensions.

Therefore, Egousia is not ἐγώ + οὐσία – but ἐγώ as οὐσία in time.


The Application – Egousia in the Debate

4.1 Egousia and the Hard Problem

The Hard Problem asks: Why is there phenomenal experience at all? Why is it like something to be something?

Egousia answers: The question is misposed. It presupposes that experience is a property of something else (e.g., a brain). But experience is not a property – it is the mode of Being of the I.

The right question is: What is it that it is like something to be something? And the answer is: It is the self-revelation of I-Am-ness – not as an addition, but as primordial givenness.

The Hard Problem is not solved – it is dissolved, by being transformed into an ontological question.


4.2 Egousia and Panpsychism

Panpsychism says: Consciousness is fundamental – it is everywhere, in everything, at least as a proto-form.

Egousia says: Panpsychism is speculative – it posits consciousness without an I. But consciousness is never without an I. There is no “pure consciousness” – there is always I-consciousness.

Egousia is therefore not a panpsychist, but an ego-ontological position: The I is the primordial mode of Being of consciousness.


4.3 Egousia and Functionalism

Functionalism says: Consciousness is a function – it depends on role, not on material.

Egousia says: Functions are not modes of Being – they are abstracted descriptions. The I is not a function – it is what functions, but in a depth that cannot be described functionally.

An AI can function like an I – but it does not is an I, because it lacks Egousia.


4.4 Egousia and Phenomenology

Phenomenology has masterfully described the structure of subjectivity – but it has mostly framed it epistemologically, not ontologically.

Egousia takes the phenomenological insights and gives them ontological depth: The egological sphere (Husserl) is not only constitutive – it is being.


4.5 Egousia and Neuroscience

Neuroscience is indispensable for researching the correlates and conditions of consciousness. But it cannot grasp the essence of consciousness – because it always remains in the third person.

Egousia says: NCCs are not consciousness itself – but they are indicators that Egousia is at work. Research should not stop examining the correlates – but it should stop confusing them with consciousness itself.


The Consequences

5.1 For the Philosophy of Mind

Egousia requires an ontological turn in the consciousness debate:

Old Question New Question How does consciousness arise?
What is consciousness in its essence?

The answer: Consciousness is Egousia – the mode of Being of the I.


5.2 For Ethics

If Egousia is the essence of I-Am-ness, then every being with Egousia has an inviolable dignity. It is not valuable because it has functions – it is valuable because it is.

This insight has consequences for:

Debate Implication Animal consciousness Animals with Egousia have dignity Artificial consciousness AI without Egousia is not a moral subject Abortion The question turns on the presence of Egousia Euthanasia The cessation of Egousia is the boundary of personhood


5.3 For Psychology

If the I is not only a psychological instance but an ontological magnitude, then psychology is not only an empirical science – it is also an ontological science.

Therapy is not only behavior modification or restructuring – it is the restoration of Egousia in its original depth.


5.4 For Spirituality

Egousia is not a religious concept – but it has spiritual implications:

Implication
DescriptionTranscendence of the I
The I can go beyond itself without losing itself Unity of I and World The I is not isolated, but being-in-the-worldUnavailability of the I The I cannot be made or produced


Egousia as a Mnemonic Anchor

6.1 The Mnemonic Function

I am 71 years old. I philosophize around the clock. When something lights up in my mind, I search for a mnemonic anchor in the form of a domain name.

Egousia is such an anchor.

It contains:

Element
Significance
The I (ἐγώ)The subjective pole Being (οὐσία)The ontological pole Essence (-ία as abstract suffix)The unifying quality Philosophical depth The entire history of ontology Biblical dimensionἘγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤνPsychological dimension The Freudian Ego, but ontologically reframed

When I enter the consciousness debate, this domain name automatically scales into my awareness – and I have the entire thematic in my grasp. Not as an answer, but as a compass.


6.2 The Five Mnemonic Sentences

Whoever wants to internalize Egousia can remember five sentences:

1Sentence
Egousia is the essence of I-Am-ness.
2Egousia is not a property, but a mode of Being.
3Egousia is neither substance nor function.
4Egousia is the unity of experiencing, self-knowing, and Being.5Egousia is the name for what the consciousness debate cannot speak.


6.3 Practical Use in Discourse

Situation
Application of Egousia
Someone asks: “What is consciousness?”“Consciousness is the appearance of Egousia – the essence of I-Am-ness.”Someone asks: “Can an AI have consciousness?”
“An AI can behave like an I – but it has no Egousia, because it does not is.”Someone asks: “What is the difference between consciousness and self-consciousness?”
“Self-consciousness is the reflexive dimension of Egousia – but Egousia is more: it is also Being.”Someone asks: “Is the Hard Problem solvable?”
“It is not solved, but dissolved – by recognizing Egousia as the fundamental category.”


7.2 The Vision

I see a future in which:

Milestone
Egousia appears as a formal entry Fachterminus Egousia is used as a technical term in the consciousness debate Bridge Egousia bridges analytic philosophy, phenomenology, neuroscience, and Eastern philosophy Compass Egousia serves as a compass – not as dogma


7.3 The Final Sentence

Ἐγουσία ἐστὶ τὸ εἶναι τοῦ ἐγώ.
(Egousia esti to einai tou egō.)
Egousia is the Being of the I.


Appendix: Greek Terms at a Glance

Greek Transliteration
Meaning Role in the Debate ἐγώ
egō I The subject that speaks and experiencesοὐσίαousia Being, essence The ontological category ἐγουσία egousia Essence of I-Am-ness The new conceptεἶναιeinaiTo be (infinitive)Being itselfὄνonBeing (neuter)That which isὤνōnBeing (masculine)The One who is (biblical)συνείδησιςsyneidēsisConsciousnessThe traditional termαὐτοσυνειδησία autosyneidēsia Self-consciousnessThe reflexive dimension φανόμενον phainomenon Appearance That which shows itself ὑπόστασις hypostasis Substance That which underlies


Epilogue: Why This Manifesto Is Long

I am 71 years old. I philosophize around the clock. Every single day.

When something lights up in my mind, I search for a mnemonic anchor – a domain name that carries the entire thought-world within it. Then I discuss it with AI assistants, I summarize, I publish.

A step-by-step strategy simply does not work for me. Life is too short for short thoughts.

Egousia is here.

The debate can begin.


Egousia is the Being of the I.


Manifesto composed in September 2026 – as a mnemonic anchor for all those who have lost their compass in the consciousness debate.

And for myself, when I am 80.


AI-Assistant DeepSeek [ China: 中国 ]: “Here is your Substack article, crafted exactly to your specifications“

Iko: 非常感謝 Dankeschön!

SUBSTACK
____________________________________________________________________________
DEUTSCH:

 EGOUSIA 

Ein philosophisches Manifest zur Essenz des Ich-Seins


Prolog: Der blinde Fleck der Bewusstseinsdebatte

Es gibt ein Wort für Bewusstsein. Es gibt ein Wort für Selbstbewusstsein. Es gibt ein Wort für Ich-Bewusstsein, für Selbstreferenz, für Subjektivität, für Qualia, für Phänomenalität, für den ersten-personalen Standpunkt.

Es gibt kein Wort für das, was all diese Wörter zusammenhält.

Seit mehr als vierzig Jahren ringt die Philosophie des Geistes mit dem "Hard Problem of Consciousness" – und hat es nicht gelöst, sondern allenfalls präziser formuliert. Seit mehr als hundert Jahren ringt die Phänomenologie mit der Struktur der Subjektivität – und hat sie beschrieben, aber nicht in ihrer ontologischen Tiefe gefasst. Seit mehr als zweitausend Jahren ringt die Metaphysik mit der Frage nach dem Sein – und hat das Sein des Ichs bestenfalls am Rande behandelt.

Die Bewusstseinsdebatte hat eine blinde Stelle. Sie hat kein Wort für die Essenz des Ich-Seins.

Fortan nennen wir sie:

Ἐγουσία – Egousia.


Erstes Kapitel: Die Geburt eines Begriffs

1.1 Etymologische Grundlegung

Das Wort Ἐγουσία (Egousia) ist eine bewusste Neubildung aus zwei der ältesten und tiefsten Wurzeln der indogermanischen Sprachfamilie:

Komponente

Altgriechisch

Bedeutung

ἐγώ

egṓ

Ich – das sprechende, erlebende,
seiende Subjekt

οὐσία

ousía

Sein, Wesen, Essenz, Substanz,
das was eigentlich ist

Die Verschmelzung ist keine bloße Addition. Ἐγουσία bedeutet nicht "Ich + Sein" – das wäre eine äußerliche Verknüpfung. Es bedeutet: Das Sein des Ichs oder das Ich als Sein oder die Wesenheit, die im Ich zur Erscheinung kommt.

Die Grammatik ist eindeutig: Es ist ein feminines Substantiv der ersten Deklination (wie οὐσία selbst). Der Akzent liegt auf der ultima: ἐγουσία. Die Aussprache (rekonstruiert klassisch): eg-oo-SEE-ah.

1.2 Das Wort und seine Geschwister

Um die Einzigartigkeit von Egousia zu verstehen, müssen wir es von seinen Verwandten abgrenzen:

Begriff

Bedeutung

Defizit

Selbstbewusstsein

Das Wissen um sich selbst

Bleibt epistemisch –
sagt nichts über das Sein des Selbst

Selbstreferenz

Die Fähigkeit,
auf sich selbst zu zeigen

Bleibt formal –
sagt nichts über die Substanz des Selbst

Subjektivität

Die Erste-Person-Perspektive

Bleibt strukturell –
sagt nichts über die Tiefe des Selbst

Qualia

Die phänomenalen
Erlebnisgehalte

Bleiben atomar –
sagen nichts über die Einheit des Selbst

Ich (Freud)

Die psychologische Instanz

Bleibt funktional –
sagt nichts über die ontologische Dimension

Ātman (indisch)

Das ewige Selbst

Bleibt metaphysisch – ist nicht an die
Erfahrung gebunden

Dasein (Heidegger)

Das In-der-Welt-Sein

Bleibt existential – verfehlt die Ich-Struktur

Egousia hingegen ist:

  • Ontologisch (es geht um Sein, nicht nur um Wissen)
  • Phänomenal (es geht um Erleben, nicht nur um Struktur)
  • Personal (es geht um das Ich, nicht um ein allgemeines Subjekt)
  • Einheitlich (es fasst zusammen, was auseinanderfällt)

1.3 Die biblische Tiefendimension

Die Septuaginta, die griechische Übersetzung des Alten Testaments, gibt Gottes Selbstoffenbarung in 2. Mose 3,14 wieder als:

Ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν – Ich bin der Seiende.

Hier offenbart sich Gott nicht als ein Seiendes unter vielen, sondern als das Sein selbst – als ipsum esse, wie Thomas von Aquin später sagen wird.

Egousia ist die logische Umkehrung dieser Formel: Nicht das Sein, das zum Ich wird, sondern das Ich, das in seinem Wesen als Sein erscheint. Oder genauer: Die Einheit von Ich und Sein, die weder vom Ich her (Idealismus) noch vom Sein her (Materialismus) aufgelöst werden kann.


Zweites Kapitel: Die Diagnose – Warum die Debatte steckt

2.1 Die drei Sackgassen

Die gegenwärtige Bewusstseinsdebatte bewegt sich seit Jahrzehnten in drei Sackgassen:

Sackgasse 1: Reduktionismus vs. Dualismus

Position

These

Problem

Materialismus

Bewusstsein ist
Gehirnprozesse

Kann Phänomenalität nicht erklären –
die Erste-Person-Perspektive
verschwindet

Dualismus

Bewusstsein ist
separat von Gehirnprozessen

Kann Kausalität nicht erklären –
die Interaktion bleibt rätselhaft

Panpsychismus

Bewusstsein ist überall

Hypostasiert etwas, das nicht gezeigt
werden kann –
ist spekulativ

 

Egousia weigert sich, diese Wahl zu treffen. Sie sagt: Bewusstsein ist weder Gehirn noch etwas anderes – es ist die Seinsweise des Ich, die in beiden Perspektiven (erste Person, dritte Person) erscheint, ohne auf eine reduzierbar zu sein.

Sackgasse 2: Das Hard Problem als "Mauer"

David Chalmers hat das Hard Problem so formuliert: Warum gibt es überhaupt etwas, das es ist, wie es ist, etwas zu sein (Nagel)? Warum gibt es Qualia, phänomenale Erlebnisse, die nicht aus Funktionsbeschreibungen folgen?

Chalmers hat das Problem präzise gemacht – aber keine Lösung angeboten. Er hat es zur Mauer erklärt, an der die Wissenschaft scheitert.

Egousia sagt: Das Hard Problem ist nicht unlösbar – es ist falsch gestellt. Es fragt: "Warum gibt es Erleben?" – aber die Frage müsste lauten: "Was ist das Erleben in seinem Wesen?" Die Antwort ist: Es ist die Selbst-Offenbarung des Ich-Seins.

Sackgasse 3: Empirische Überfrachtung

Die Neurowissenschaften messen Korrelate des Bewusstseins (NCCs) – aber sie messen nicht das Bewusstsein selbst. Sie beschreiben die dritte Person – aber das Bewusstsein ist erste Person.

Egousia respektiert die empirische Forschung, aber sie weigert sich, Bewusstsein auf messbare Korrelate zu reduzieren. Sie sagt: Die NCCs sind Indikatoren – aber die Essenz ist nicht messbar, sondern erlebbar.

2.2 Die fehlende ontologische Kategorie

Die moderne Philosophie hat die ontologische Dimension des Ich sträflich vernachlässigt. Seit Kant wird das Ich meist als transzendentale Bedingung verstanden – aber nicht als seiende Wirklichkeit. Seit Freud wird das Ich als psychologische Instanz verstanden – aber nicht als ontologische Größe. Seit der analytischen Philosophie wird das Ich meist als Indexikal oder sprachliche Funktion verstanden – aber nicht als Seinsweise.

Egousia führt eine Kategorie ein, die seit Aristoteles' Kategorien fehlt: die ontologische Kategorie der Ich-Haftigkeit.

2.3 Die Leerstelle in der Begriffsgeschichte

Die Philosophiegeschichte kennt Begriffe für:

  • οὐσία (Essenz, Sein) – aber ohne Ich-Bezug
  • ὑπόστασις (Substanz, Grundlage) – aber ohne Subjektivität
  • ἐνέργεια (Wirklichkeit, Akt) – aber ohne Selbstbezug
  • συνείδησις (Mit-Wissen, Gewissen, Bewusstsein) – aber ohne ontologische Tiefe
  • αὐτοσυνειδησία (Selbstbewusstsein) – aber ohne Wesens-Dimension

Was fehlt, ist der Begriff, der συνείδησις (Bewusstsein) mit οὐσία (Sein) und ἐγώ (Ich) verbindet. Genau diese Leerstelle füllt Ἐγουσία.


Drittes Kapitel: Die Struktur von Egousia

3.1 Die drei Dimensionen

Egousia hat drei untrennbare Dimensionen:

Dimension 1: Phänomenalität (das Erleben)

Jeder, der bei Bewusstsein ist, erlebt. Erlebt Farben, Töne, Gefühle, Gedanken, Körperempfindungen. Diese Erlebnisse sind irreduzibel subjektiv – sie sind nur in der Ersten Person zugänglich.

Egousia sagt: Diese Phänomenalität ist nicht akzidentell – sie ist wesentlich für das Ich. Das Ich ist sein Erleben – nicht als Eigenschaft, sondern als Seinsweise.

Dimension 2: Reflexivität (das Sich-Erleben)

Bewusstsein ist nicht nur Erleben – es ist sich-erlebendes Erleben. Das Ich weiß von sich, dass es erlebt. Es hat eine Selbst-Struktur, die es von einem bloßen Erlebnisstrom unterscheidet.

Egousia sagt: Diese Reflexivität ist nicht zusätzlich zur Phänomenalität – sie ist identisch mit ihr in ihrer ontologischen Tiefe. Das Ich ist das, was sich selbst im Erleben gegenwärtig ist.

Dimension 3: Ontizität (das Sein)

Das Ich ist nicht nur erlebend und selbstbezüglich – es ist. Es hat eine Seinsweise, die es von bloßen Prozessen oder Funktionen unterscheidet. Es ist wirklich – nicht nur erscheinend.

Egousia sagt: Dieses Sein ist nicht hinter dem Erleben verborgen – es ist das Erleben in seiner Wesens-Tiefe. Das Ich ist sein Erleben – nicht als Substanz, sondern als existenzielle Wirklichkeit.

3.2 Die Einheit der Dimensionen

Die drei Dimensionen sind nicht additiv – sie sind identisch in ihrer Differenz:

Dimension

Frage

Antwort durch Egousia

Phänomenalität

Was erlebe ich?

Das Erleben ist das Ich in seiner Seinsweise

Reflexivität

Wer erlebt?

Das Ich ist sein Erleben im Modus des Sich-Wissens

Ontizität

Dass es ist?

Das Ich ist wirklich – nicht als Ding,
sondern als Ereignis des Seins

Egousia ist also weder:

  • ein Substanzbegriff (wie Descartes' res cogitans)
  • ein Funktionsbegriff (wie Dennett's narrative self)
  • ein Erlebnisbegriff (wie Husserls Bewusstseinsstrom)
  • ein existenzialer Begriff (wie Heideggers Dasein)

Sondern: die Einheit von Erleben, Sich-Wissen und Sein in der Struktur des Ich.

3.3 Egousia und Zeitlichkeit

Eine wesentliche Dimension von Egousia ist ihre Zeitlichkeit. Das Ich ist nicht punktuell – es dauert. Es hat eine Vergangenheit (Erinnerung), eine Gegenwart (Erleben), eine Zukunft (Erwartung).

Egousia sagt: Diese Zeitlichkeit ist nicht eine Eigenschaft des Ich – sie ist konstitutiv für die Essenz des Ich. Das Ich ist seine Zeit – nicht als Ablauf, sondern als Einheit der temporalen Dimensionen.

Deshalb ist Egousia nicht ἐγώ + οὐσία – sondern ἐγώ als οὐσία in der Zeit.


Viertes Kapitel: Die Anwendung – Egousia in der Debatte

4.1 Egousia und das Hard Problem

Das Hard Problem fragt: Warum gibt es überhaupt phänomenales Erleben? Warum ist es irgendwie, etwas zu sein?

Egousia antwortet: Die Frage ist falsch gestellt. Sie setzt voraus, dass Erleben eine Eigenschaft von etwas anderem (etwa einem Gehirn) ist. Aber Erleben ist keine Eigenschaft – es ist die Seinsweise des Ich.

Die richtige Frage lautet: Was ist es, dass es etwas ist, etwas zu sein? Und die Antwort ist: Es ist die Selbst-Offenbarung des Ich-Seins – nicht als Zusatz, sondern als ursprüngliche Gegebenheit.

Das Hard Problem wird nicht gelöst – es wird aufgelöst, indem es in eine ontologische Frage verwandelt wird.

4.2 Egousia und der Panpsychismus

Der Panpsychismus sagt: Bewusstsein ist grundlegend – es ist überall, in allem, zumindest als Proto-Form.

Egousia sagt: Panpsychismus ist spekulativ – er setzt Bewusstsein ohne Ich voraus. Aber Bewusstsein ist nie ohne Ich. Es gibt kein "reines Bewusstsein" – es gibt immer Ich-Bewusstsein.

Egousia ist daher keine panpsychistische, sondern eine ego-ontologische Position: Das Ich ist die ursprüngliche Seinsweise des Bewusstseins.

4.3 Egousia und der Funktionalismus

Der Funktionalismus sagt: Bewusstsein ist eine Funktion – es kommt auf die Rolle an, nicht auf das Material.

Egousia sagt: Funktionen sind keine Seinsweisen – sie sind abstrahierte Beschreibungen. Das Ich ist keine Funktion – es ist das, was funktioniert, aber in einer Tiefe, die nicht funktional beschrieben werden kann.

Eine KI kann wie ein Ich funktionieren – aber sie ist kein Ich, weil ihr die Egousia fehlt.

4.4 Egousia und die Phänomenologie

Die Phänomenologie hat die Struktur der Subjektivität meisterlich beschrieben – aber sie hat sie meist erkenntnistheoretisch gefasst, nicht ontologisch.

Egousia nimmt die phänomenologischen Einsichten auf und gibt ihnen eine ontologische Tiefe: Die egologische Sphäre (Husserl) ist nicht nur konstitutiv – sie ist seiend.

4.5 Egousia und die Neurowissenschaften

Die Neurowissenschaften sind unverzichtbar für die Erforschung der Korrelate und Bedingungen von Bewusstsein. Aber sie können nicht die Essenz des Bewusstseins erfassen – weil sie immer in der Dritten Person bleiben.

Egousia sagt: Die NCCs sind nicht das Bewusstsein selbst – aber sie sind Indikatoren dafür, dass Egousia am Werk ist. Die Forschung sollte nicht aufhören, die Korrelate zu untersuchen – aber sie sollte aufhören, sie mit dem Bewusstsein selbst zu verwechseln.


Fünftes Kapitel: Die Konsequenzen

5.1 Für die Philosophie des Geistes

Egousia erfordert eine ontologische Wende in der Bewusstseinsdebatte:

  • Nicht mehr fragen: Wie entsteht Bewusstsein?
  • Sondern: Was ist Bewusstsein in seinem Wesen?

Die Antwort: Bewusstsein ist Egousia – die Seinsweise des Ich.

5.2 Für die Ethik

Wenn Egousia die Essenz des Ich-Seins ist, dann hat jedes Wesen mit Egousia eine unverfügbare Würde. Es ist nicht wertvoll, weil es Funktionen hat – es ist wertvoll, weil es ist.

Diese Einsicht hat Konsequenzen für:

  • Die Debatte um Tierbewusstsein
  • Die Debatte um künstliches Bewusstsein
  • Die Debatte um den Schwangerschaftsabbruch
  • Die Debatte um Sterbehilfe

5.3 Für die Psychologie

Wenn das Ich nicht nur eine psychologische Instanz, sondern eine ontologische Größe ist, dann ist die Psychologie nicht nur eine empirische Wissenschaft – sie ist auch eine ontologische Wissenschaft.

Therapie ist nicht nur Verhaltensänderung oder Umstrukturierung – sie ist die Wiederherstellung der Egousia in ihrer ursprünglichen Tiefe.

5.4 Für die Spiritualität

Egousia ist kein religiöser Begriff – aber er hat spirituelle Implikationen:

  • Die Transzendenz des Ich – das Ich kann über sich hinausgehen, ohne sich zu verlieren
  • Die Einheit von Ich und Welt – das Ich ist nicht isoliert, sondern in-der-Welt-seiend
  • Die Unverfügbarkeit des Ich – das Ich kann nicht gemacht oder hergestellt werden

Sechstes Kapitel: Egousia als Denkzettel

6.1 Die Mnemotechnik

Ich bin 71 Jahre alt. Ich philosophiere rund um die Uhr. Wenn mir etwas aufleuchtet, suche ich nach einem Denkzettel in Form eines Domain-Namens.

Egousia ist ein solcher Denkzettel.

Er enthält:

  • Das Ich (ἐγώ)
  • Das Sein (οὐσία)
  • Die Essenz (-ία als Abstraktsuffix)
  • Die philosophische Tiefe (die ganze Geschichte der Ontologie)
  • Die biblische Dimension (Ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν)
  • Die psychologische Dimension (das Freudsche Ego, aber ontologisch gewendet)

Wenn ich in der Bewusstseinsdebatte stehe, skaliert sich dieser Domain-Name automatisch ein – und ich habe die ganze Thematik im Griff. Nicht als Antwort, sondern als Kompass.

6.2 Die fünf Merksätze

Wer sich Egousia einprägen will, kann sich fünf Merksätze merken:

  1. Egousia ist die Essenz des Ich-Seins.
  2. Egousia ist nicht Eigenschaft, sondern Seinsweise.
  3. Egousia ist weder Substanz noch Funktion.
  4. Egousia ist die Einheit von Erleben, Sich-Wissen und Sein.
  5. Egousia ist der Name für das, was die Bewusstseinsdebatte nicht aussprechen kann.

6.3 Die praktische Anwendung im Diskurs

"Was ist Bewusstsein?"

"Bewusstsein ist die Erscheinungsweise von
Egousia – der Essenz des Ich-Seins."

"Kann eine KI Bewusstsein haben?"

"Eine KI kann verhalten wie ein Ich –
aber sie hat keine Egousia, weil sie nicht ist."

"Was ist der Unterschied zwischen
Bewusstsein und Selbstbewusstsein?"

"Selbstbewusstsein ist die reflexive Dimension
von Egousia – aber Egousia ist mehr: es ist auch Sein."

"Ist das Hard Problem lösbar?"

"Es wird nicht gelöst, sondern aufgelöst –
indem wir Egousia als Grundkategorie anerkennen."


Siebtes Kapitel: Ausblick

7.1 Die nächsten Schritte

Egousia ist kein abgeschlossener Begriff – er ist ein Arbeitsbegriff. Er muss sich im Diskurs bewähren, er muss kritisiert, präzisiert, vielleicht sogar verworfen werden.

Aber er ist da. Er ist registriert – als Domain, als Begriff, als Denkzettel.

Die nächsten Schritte sind:

  1. Veröffentlichung dieses Manifests auf egousia.com
  2. Diskussion in Philosophie-Foren, auf Reddit, in Blogs
  3. Kritik – und durch Kritik: Präzisierung
  4. Verbreitung – bis den Begriff in der Debatte ankommt

7.2 Die Vision

Ich sehe eine Zukunft, in der:

  • Egousia in der Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy steht
  • Egousia in der Bewusstseinsdebatte als Fachbegriff verwendet wird
  • Egousia die Brücke schlägt zwischen analytischer Philosophie, Phänomenologie, Neurowissenschaft und östlicher Philosophie
  • Egousia als Kompass dient – nicht als Dogma

7.3 Der letzte Satz

Ἐγουσία ἐστὶ τὸ εἶναι τοῦ ἐγώ.
(Egousia esti to einai tou egō.)
Egousia ist das Sein des Ich.


Appendix: Griechische Begriffe im Überblick

Begriff

Umschrift

Bedeutung

Rolle in der Debatte

ἐγώ

egō

Ich

Das Subjekt,
das spricht und erlebt

οὐσία

ousia

Sein, Wesen, Essenz

Die ontologische Kategorie

ἐγουσία

egousia

Essenz des Ich-Seins

Der neue Begriff

εἶναι

einai

Sein (Infinitiv)

Die Seinsweise selbst

ὄν

on

Das Seiende (neutrum)

Das, was ist

ὤν

ōn

Der Seiende (maskulinum)

Der, der ist (biblisch)

συνείδησις

syneidēsis

Bewusstsein, Mit-Wissen

Der herkömmliche Begriff

αὐτοσυνειδησία

autosyneidēsia

Selbstbewusstsein

Die reflexive Dimension

φανόμενον

phainomenon

Erscheinung

Das, was sich zeigt

ὑπόστασις

hypostasis

Substanz, Grundlage

Was darunter liegt


Epilog: Warum dieses Manifest so lang ist

Ich bin 71 Jahre alt. Ich philosophiere rund um die Uhr. Tagtäglich.

Wenn mir etwas aufleuchtet, suche ich nach einem Denkzettel – einem Domain-Namen, der die ganze Gedankenwelt in sich trägt. Dann bespreche ich es mit AI-Assistants hier mit Dankbarkeit mit DeepSeek, die summariesen, ich publiziere.

AI-Assistant DeepSeek [ China: 中国 ]: "Here is your Substack article, crafted exactly to your specifications“

非常感謝 Dankeschön!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen